Note about Children: Our Services are general-audience in nature and are not intended for, marketed to or available to individuals younger than the age of 13, and individuals younger than the age of 13 should not submit personal information to us.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
- Registration and Other Information You Provide
- Your Profile, Community Forums and User Content
- Third Party Services, Social Media Platforms, and Information Third Parties Provide About You
- Referral Features and Gift Certificates
- Information Air Tutors Collects Automatically When You Access The Services
- Cookies and Log Files
- Web Beacons
- An Embedded Script
- Flash & HTML5
- How We Respond To Do Not Track Signals
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- INFORMATION SHARING
- Educational Institutions
- When You Request That We Share Your Information
- Service Providers
- Administrative, Legal Reasons & Academic Integrity Investigations
- Business Transitions
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
- THIRD PARTY AD NETWORKS AND ANALYTICS PROVIDERS
- LIMITATIONS WHEN USING THE SERVICE
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- YOUR CONTENT ON AIR TUTORS SERVICES
- MOBILE USE
- UPDATING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND CONTROL OVER AIR TUTORS EMAILS
- CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT, LINKS TO OTHER SITES, AND AIR TUTORS CONTENT FOUND OUTSIDE OF THE SERVICES
- CONSENT TO TRANSFER
- QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
- A NOTE TO AIRTUTORS.ORG AND AIR TUTORS’ MOBILE APPLICATION USERS REGARDING TRUSTE
- California Residents – Your CA Privacy Rights
- Registration and Other Information You ProvideThe Services may collect “Personal Information” (which is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as your name and email address), account information (such as a password or other information that helps us confirm that it is you accessing your account) and demographic or other information (such as your school, gender, age or birthdate and zip code and information about your interests and preferences). We will also collect payment information (typically, credit card account information) if you choose to purchase products or services through the Services. Some Services may allow you to use the Service to offer your own products or services for sale. If you use the Services for such purposes or in any other manner that may necessitate payment from Air Tutors to you, we may collect additional information from you, such as your Social Security Number or taxpayer identification number, as necessary to facilitate payment and to comply with related legal obligations. Any information combined with Personal Information will be treated as Personal Information.
In addition, the Services may allow members to communicate and collaborate with each other, including some Services that allow members to engage in one-on-one communication using a video chat or text chat feature. If you create an account, participate in a Community Forum or choose to communicate with others through the Services, certain information about you may be disclosed in connection with your or others’ use of the Services, including certain information about you and your network (such as your name and profile photo, the number of your connections, and the names and pictures of your connections). Our servers may record and we may retain records of the content of any such user-to-user communications. We allow other users to use contact information they have about you, such as your email address, to find you, including through contact importers and search, and they may also contact you through the Services.
- Information Air Tutors Collects Automatically When You Access The ServicesLike other web sites and online services, we and our analytics providers and other third party service providers may automatically collect certain “Usage Information” whenever you access and use the Services, including, without limitation, by viewing information about a course or school, renting a textbook, ordering food, asking or answering questions, viewing another user’s Profile, sending a message, searching for a person or information, or by clicking on an advertisement.Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to our Services (if applicable), the search terms you entered into a search engine that lead you to our Services (if applicable), all of the areas within our Services that you visit (including information about any ads you may view), and the time of day you used the Services, among other information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to tell you about people or events nearby, to provide special offers, to serve advertisements, to select appropriate content to display to you, and to enhance or otherwise improve the Services and our products.In addition, we automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone or other device (any, a “Device”) you may use to access the Services. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access a Service, and our servers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access a Service. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.Usage Information is collected via tracking technologies, including:
- One type of cookie we use, known as a “persistent” cookie, is set once you’ve logged in to your account on the Services. If you do not log out of your account, then the next time you visit, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognize you as an existing user so you will not need to log in before using the Services. Of course, if you are using a public computer or sharing your private computer with others, you should log out of your account after each visit. If you log out of a Service, you will need to re-enter your password the next time you visit in order to log in to your account. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. We also use a cookie which functions as a “session” cookie, meaning that it is used to identify a particular visit. Session cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser.
- Web Beacons: We, as well as our affiliate program partners, service providers, and other third parties, may employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs), that help us better manage content on our Services by informing us of what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users for our affiliate program. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. This information is used to help improve the overall quality and experience of our Services. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ Personal Information.
- An Embedded Script: is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device from our server or a third party service provider and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Services.
- In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
- Flash & HTML5: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content, information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 & Flash to collect and store information.
- Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here
How We Respond To Do Not Track Signals:
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, Air Tutors does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Note that we may create, facilitate or display social advertisements, whereby your name and profile photo may be used to advertise products and services to your network based on your use of the Services and your interactions with Air Tutors and third parties through the Services (a “Social Ad”). If we are utilizing Social Ads on one of our Services, you will be able to opt-out through your account settings for that Service.
Please note that information submitted on the Services via a “Contact Us” or other similar function may not receive a response. We will not use the information provided via these functions to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
- Educational Institutions: We work with colleges, universities, scholarship providers and educational institutions (“Educational Institutions”) to provide targeted recruiting and outreach to some of our members. For some of our Services, we may allow Educational Institutions to review information in your Profile (such as hometown, grade point average, and graduation year), whether or not you have chosen to restrict public access to some of that information. We do not share your contact information (email address, full postal address or phone number) with these Educational Institutions without your consent, but we may send you information on their behalf. This is a fundamental element of some of our free Services. In addition, you may indicate that you would like to receive additional information from Educational Institutions or other third parties and we will then share your information with those parties so that they may contact you per your request. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive communications from a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly.
- Service Providers. We will share your Personal Information with third parties to provide services to us or you in connection with the Services, but subject to confidentiality obligations which limit their use and disclosure of such information. For example, we may provide your Personal Information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as shipping your order, sending our emails, or offering customer service. If you purchase any products or services, our billing partner will receive billing and financial information (e.g., credit card numbers) necessary to process your charges, including your postal and e-mail addresses, depending on your payment method.
THIRD PARTY AD NETWORKS AND ANALYTICS PROVIDERS
Air Tutors works with network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to serve third party advertisements on and through the Services; to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Services, including the pages viewed and the actions users take when visiting the Services; to serve our advertisements on other websites, within mobile apps, and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Services and the effectiveness of our advertisements. For example, if you click on a Air Tutors advertisement, our service provider(s) may be able to tell us the advertisement you clicked on and where you were viewing the advertisement; likewise, if you click on an ad you see on our Services, our service provider(s) may be able to tell which page you were visiting on our Services and pass that information to the advertiser. The advertisements you see may be served by one or more third parties, who may use information collected over time about your activities on the Services, and other websites and services, to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests.
Some of the companies who serve these targeted ads participate in a self-regulatory program that allows you to opt-out of having information about you used for this purpose, and you may access that opt-out by clicking emailing us at email@example.com. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while using the Services and elsewhere online. We may share Usage Information about visitors with third party advertising companies, analytics providers and other vendors. Our ad network providers, the advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors may set and access their own tracking devices (including cookies and web beacons) and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you and your online browsing activities. Some of these third parties may collect Personal Information over time when you visit the Services or other web sites and services.
LIMITATIONS WHEN USING THE SERVICE
When using the Service, it is forbidden to perform the following actions, which will lead to the irrevocable blocking of the account:
- Use of third-party applications or other means to improve/automate Service capabilities (ex. bots, bugs, fraud, cheating);
- Posing as a member of the Service’s support team or any support group (administrators, moderators, consultants), either former or current;
- Use of software errors (bugs) in the Service and transfer of information about them to third parties, except for RTB;
- Total or partial forwarding, transfer, reproduction or distribution of the Content or any other material, which is protected by copyright, exclusive and other rights without the permission of the owner or the copyright holder;
- Use of the Service and/or related services for fraudulent activities, including but not limited to fraudulent internal financial operations;
- Posting or uploading of software that may disrupt the Service or damage other people’s computers;
- Falsification, deleting or disabling of any copyright information, including references to the authors, legal acknowledgement of copyright, and other similar notes or reports, as well as indications of the source or the origin of the Content or other content protected by copyright;
- Uploading, publishing, emailing, sending, or distribution of the content, which is illegal, harmful, threatening, insulting, vulgar, hateful, interfering with private life, racist, or controversial for ethical or any other reasons;
- Transfer of viruses or any codes of destructive nature;
- Plagiarize and/or infringe the intellectual property rights or privacy rights of any third party;
- Distribute, post or otherwise make available any Content or any data that:
- is not honest, true and accurate;
- is a copy of an event, cause or campaign that already exists, to the point of confusion, or that does not add anything new in any way to our Site;
- infringes or endangers the intellectual property rights of any person (e.g. trademark, moral rights, trade secret, copyright, ancillary rights or other);
- enables any act that could promote or cause discrimination, racism, harm, libel, hatred or violence against any race, individual or group;
- endangers children and underage persons;
- is or can be considered profane, scandalous, pornographic, indecent or otherwise objectionable, any item claiming to cure, treat, or prevent an illness or conditions, contests, coupons, gambling, raffles, energy food/drinks, genetically modified organisms, travel services, phone services, marketing services, political fundraising, weapons, replicas of weapons, weapon accessories, guns, financial, money-processing, or credit services, financial intermediaries, financial instruments;
- is or allows illegal or fraudulent activities to take place;
- is or may constitute a criminal or capital offense or otherwise infringes any applicable law; and/or
- is or can be considered to be obscene, threatening/defamatory, plagiarized, firearms, tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, gambling, pornography, child pornography, binary options, Forex, pornographic or analogous.
- Otherwise reverse engineer, decompile or extract the Services’ and/or Site’s source code;
- Remit or otherwise make or cause to deliver unsolicited advertising, spam or other chain letters;
- Collect, receive, transfer or disseminate any personally identifiable information of any person without consent from title holder; and/or
- Pretend to be or misrepresent any affiliation with any legal entity or third party.
For users found to be violating these Terms, we may immediately and without prior notice deny user access to the Service in part or in whole.
Since it is not always possible to determine the nature and the scope of violations, and we hereby reserve the right to take the final decision.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES:
You hereby represent and warrant that: (i) you agree and oblige to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations applicable to the use of the Service; and (ii) you will not use the Service to infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that: (i) you do not acquire any ownership in the intellectual property rights for the Services (collectively, “Air Tutors’s IP”), along with any and all intellectual property rights therein, including but not limiting to, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, database rights and computer code, whether pre-existing or developed during the course of this Agreement (including but not limited to all logic, programming, documentation, computer source and object code, layouts, templates, plans, notes, and the relevant computer code), and that ownership shall remain vested in Air Tutors at all times and that you shall have no right to exploit, copy, amend, add to or otherwise alter any part thereof; and that (ii) Air Tutors’s IP and all additions, modifications or improvements thereof coming into existence during the term hereof and all intellectual property rights derived therefrom are owned or controlled, in their entirety, by Air Tutors
You agree to be identified as a customer of Air Tutors and you agree that Air Tutors may refer to you by name, trade name and trademark, if applicable, and may briefly describe your business in Air Tutors marketing materials and web site. You hereby grant Air Tutors a free, irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide license to use your name and any of your trade names and trademarks solely in connection with the rights granted to Air Tutors pursuant to this marketing section.
YOUR CONTENT ON AIR TUTORS SERVICES
Some of Air Tutor’s Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content
When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give Air Tutors (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services. Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
If you use the Services through a mobile device or one of our mobile applications, your mobile Device Identifier your mobile carrier, and your physical location may be transmitted to Air Tutors. You agree that Air Tutors may store and use that information for security purposes (for example, for user verification and to ensure that Air Tutors’s APIs are being used appropriately) and, if available, for purposes of assisting you in locating nearby shipping stores, schools, restaurants, or other places of interest. If you wish to no longer allow Air Tutors to track your physical locations you may turn this off within your device settings. You may be able to opt-in to receiving text messages from Air Tutors. You may always opt-out by replying “STOP” to one of the text messages received. You also acknowledge and agree that use of the Services through a mobile device may cause data to be displayed on and through your mobile device which may be viewed by your mobile carrier or other access provider.
Push Notification: We will send you push notifications if you agree to receive them to announce special deals and to send you your itinerary. You may opt-out of receiving these at any time by going to the phone settings and turning them off.
UPDATING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND CONTROL OVER AIR TUTORS’S EMAILS
You may be able to review the information you provided to us on a Service and make any desired changes to the information, or to the settings for your account on that Service, by logging in to your account for that Service and editing or deleting the information. You also may be able to limit the information you receive from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All changes to your email settings and preferences must be made in your account preferences page on the applicable Service or by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the Air Tutors email. However, we reserve the right to send you information on our behalf and on behalf of third parties in connection with providing the Services. If you no longer want to receive information from us, you will need to close your account for that Service.
CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
If you wish to close your account with one of our Services, please send your request to email@example.com and we will remove your Personal Information and Profile, if applicable, from the active databases for the Service(s) you request. Please let us know which Service(s) you wish to close and send your request using an email account that you have registered with Air Tutors under your name. You typically will receive a response to a request sent to this account within five business days of our receiving it. Requests to change your email preferences or unsubscribe from all emails may not be made through this email address, but rather must be submitted through one of the channels set out in the previous section.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, LINKS TO OTHER SITES, AND AIR TUTORS CONTENT FOUND OUTSIDE OF THE SERVICES
Certain content provided through the Services may be hosted and served by third parties, which may include third party widgets (such as those that allow you to “like” or “share” content with third party web sites and online services. In addition, the Services may link to third party web sites or content over which Air Tutors has no control and which are governed by the privacy policies and business practices of those third parties. In addition, third-party partners of Air Tutors from whom your order through the Services may have different privacy policies which apply to such partners use of your information.
Please also note that Air Tutors content and widgets may be included on web pages and web sites that are not associated with us and over which we have no control. These third parties may independently collect data. Air Tutors is not responsible for the privacy practices or business practices of any third party.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Services in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Air Tutors takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, when you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number and CCV2 number on our checkout forms, that information is encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology, to help protect the communications between you and our payment partners.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, as in any real-life scenario, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Services, you can email us at email@example.com.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
A NOTE TO AIRTUTORS.ORG AND AIR TUTORS MOBILE APPLICATION USERS REGARDING TRUSTE
The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this website, www.AirTutors.org, and through the Air Tutors mobile applications and does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from the website and information collected offline.
In order to view our relationship with TRUSTe please visit the validation page visible by clicking on the TRUSTe seal. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
California Residents – Your CA Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following mailing address: 2830 Sebastan Lane Stockton, CA 95212. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.